Becoming a parent can be one of the most difficult transitions in your life.
But technology can help a lot nowadays. We live in a digital world, and there is an app for everything.
There are a few popular ‘baby tracker’ apps which allow you to track the baby’s health, including feedings, sleeping schedule, and nappy changes.
You can also find apps which help you to monitor your child’s development or create a journal with pictures which you can securely share with friends and family.
A new app titled, Onoco (suitable from birth up to 5yrs old) which recently launched in App Store and Google Play aims to combine features of all these popular apps in order to make parent’s life a little bit easier. All in one app.
Peace of mind in the palm of your hand
The first few weeks of baby’s life are the most difficult for parents, and so that’s when tracking things like feeds, sleep and nappies is the most useful. Onoco, will not only tell you how your baby’s routine is progressing, but you’ll also have information right to hand should you need to share it with your midwife, health visitor or other healthcare professionals.
You can also add other people to use the app such as family, nanny, babysitter, and close friends. They will be able to log naps, feedings and nappy changes, so that you can receive real-time updates on your child’s day.
App is designed to help with newborns, babies and toddlers. Therefore, users can also log potties (to help with potty training) and add posts with pictures documenting little ones day.
If you have more than one child, you will be able to see all their activities on a single timeline and tag both on pictures.
Children and families thrive on routines
The app not only allows you to track what’s important to your family but it’s also perfect for planning family’s day.
Apart from the routine emerging from tracking, you can also add ‘events’ in the calendar. These can be GP appointment’s, play dates, specific activities which you planned for your child(ren), or anything else which you would like to see along side the routine.
The reminders are there, as well. You just need to set them up, and you will never miss a nappy change again!
Can’t relax whilst away from your child because you are worried that his/her’s routine is being followed? In Onoco, you can create a digital routine that you can share with other caregivers for free. No more writing things down.
Parents need this certainty now more than ever as Covid-19 work patterns remain increasingly unclear.
The first five years of life are critical for development
The app lets you track your child’s development and progress up to the age of 5, directly in line with the EYFS – the Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
Need a reason to track your child’s development in this way? We’ve got 6.
- The EYFS is the same standardised framework used in all schools and childcare settings for the under 5s across the UK, so you know you’ll be working on professional guidance as opposed to popular opinion, outdated practices or modern fads.
- The framework is hugely holistic and covers multiple areas of your child’s development. In fact, there are seven! Communication and language, Physical development, Personal, social and emotional development, Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the world, and Expressive arts and design. Even if your child isn’t ‘on track’ in one area, they will be flourishing in another. Trust us on that one.
- As well as helping you identify the stage that your child is at right now, the EYFS allows you to look at where and what your child’s next steps are likely to be – and what you can do to support your child in taking them.
- The guidance in the EYFS is regularly reviewed and updated by professional educationalists and childcare specialists, meaning that the information you’re accessing will be up to date, accurate, and free of personal opinion or judgement.
- Access to the EYFS guidance and trackers can really help you with not just the knowledge of where your child is ‘at’, but also an understanding of any barriers that might be getting in their way, and any steps that can be taken to address these – or to advance your child further if you feel that there are areas in which your child is already very secure.
- Having this information from the EYFS and being in a position to understand it in relation to your own child can not only help you choose the most appropriate childcare provider for your needs, but can also make the subsequent relationships with them a lot stronger, whereby conversations can be more fluent, in-depth, and progressive with regards to how your child is getting along.
Why do we recommend trying it out?
Onoco takes some weight off your shoulders.
That alone makes it worth a shot, but in the long run, it helps to incorporate a child’s critical development pathways at all times and ensure consistency for both parent and child – and help with more productive handovers with carers – especially those without access to the benefits of the EYFS Framework.
The saying ‘It takes a village to raise a child’ is very true,’. Onoco is designed to build the foundations of that village – of parents, family, carers and professionals. Now, your nanny and other carers can plan your child’s development journey together, bringing trust and transparency and ensuring your child meets their full potential in their first few years.
Oh, and the best thing is that you will not have to pay for any of its amazing features.
– Just search for ‘Onoco’ in the app stores or follow these links: