Everyone loves chocolate crispies. They are an all time, good time treat that both big kids and little kids love to munch on. The chocolate crispies you buy in the shops are laced with white sugar, white rice and margarine, which are not good for anyone. These gorgeous popped quinoa crisps from NatureDoc are packed with goodness and taste absolutely delicious. Full of healthy fats and proteins, no sugar rush here! Naturally gluten-free, egg-free and dairy-free.
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil Odourless such as Cusine by Biona
- 20 grams Raw cacao powder
- 20 grams Cocoa butter Buy online or from your health food shop
- 2 tablespoons Honey Ideally set honey
- 1 tablespoon Cashew nut butter
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 30 grams Popped Quinoa Such as Biofair Quinoa Pops
- Melt all the ingredients (except the popped quinoa and chia seeds) gently in a saucepan until melted and combined.
- Add the popped quinoa and chia seeds and stir well so they are well covered with the chocolate sauce.
- Line a small rectangular baking tray (approx 10 inches by 6 inches) with parchment paper.
- Pack in the popped quinoa mixture into the lined baking tray.
- Pop into the fridge for about an hour to set.
- Slice into a minimum of eight squares with a sharp knife and and munch away!
You can easily swap the popped quinoa for puffed buckwheat, brown rice crispies or even Oatibix flakes. You make a choice depending on what grains and seeds your child can tolerate and what you have in your store cupboard. They all taste amazing! Add extra seeds and nuts for more even more crunch and brain food goodness.