- Please introduce yourself: Name, what do you do & how many children you have.
Hello, I am Mummycleverdoc. I am a doctor specialising in Cardiology. I have 2 beautiful daughters, Alyvia 20months and Sophia 5 months.
2. How do you manage to juggle work and life balance as a mother?
I try to be organised and plan my week ahead so I know when I will be free to spend time with the family. I am working on being stricter with myself at work so that I leave at a reasonable time every day to maximize how much time I have in the evening with the girls before they go to bed.
3. What top tips would you give to any working mum?
Be organized, don’t regret anything, ignore what other mothers are doing…we are all different, you’’ll feel better if you don’t compare yourself to them.
4. What do you love most about London? Do you have a favourite spot with your children?
I love the chaos, the diversity and the opportunities in London, it reminds me of my fast-paced job in a hospital environment. My favourite place to visit with the children is Regent’s Park the inner circle, it’s beautiful.
5. How do you define quality ‘me-time’?
Getting lost in a great book
Having a long bath
6. What is your favourite & least favourite thing about parenthood?
My favourite thing about parenthood is watching my girls develop their own personalities as they grow. My least favourite thing is the pressures that we face to get our children to eat, sleep and play in a certain way.
7. Tell us something people don’t know about you.
I used to take Bollywood dance classes as a teenager and was chosen to be a backup dancer for a low budget Bollywood film…
I have put my dancing shoes aside for now.
8. Given we are all about embracing Motherhood, what advice would you give a first time Mum?
Whenever you feel you have lost your way, think how far you have already come. Do things your way and be confident. Your children will learn from example.
9. I’m a mum and…… I prescribe happiness. If our children see us happy, they will also be happy.
10. Finally, what do you love most about Kensington Mums?
A great platform to share experiences, knowledge and advice while also learning from other mothers. Kensington Mums also gives you the opportunity to meet and discuss things with like-minded individuals…usually within a pretty setting!