Today’s recipe comes from Little Dish tasty recipes- Homemade Fish Fingers. Something all kids love to eat!
This allows you to make 12 fingers and best of all you can ask the kids to give you a hand around the kitchen. Preparation time is only 15minutes with around 12-15 minutes cooking time.
- 500g sustainable white fish fillets, eg cod, skinned
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 100g panko or dried natural breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Cut the fish into 12 2 x 8cm long strips and set aside. Place the flour on a plate and the beaten egg into a shallow bowl. Mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley, Parmesan, butter and salt in another bowl.
- Take the strips and dip first into the flour and shake off the excess, then dip into the egg letting any excess drip off. Then finally gently roll in the breadcrumbs. Place the crumbed fingers onto the lined tray. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Serve with Sweet potato chips, peas and Tartare sauce