Everyone loves a brownie and creating a delicious and guilt-free brownie can be a challenge! These courgette brownies are taken from Lucinda Miller from NatureDoc and they are squidgy and yummy. They are gluten-free and free-from cane sugar. They even have a hidden grated courgette in them, which make them lovely, moist and chewy. A great choice for those with fussy eaters who point-blank refuse to eat their vegetables.
We use coconut palm sugar as it is a low GI sugar option and is also full of minerals that help to build strong bones and muscles. It makes these courgette brownies sweet, but not too sweet with slight treacle undertones.
These courgette brownies freeze well and taste yummy eaten straight out of the freezer so perfect for an instant summer choccie fix. Or you can pull a few out before heading out on the school run and they will be soft and defrosted by the time you arrive at the school gates.
- 200 grams Butter Unsalted
- 100 grams Dark chocolate 70% cocoa
- 150 grams Coconut palm sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Courgette Medium size
- 75 grams Gluten free flour (plain) Doves Farm
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate gently in a saucepan.
- Blend up the coconut palm sugar, and eggs with an electric whisk for a couple of minutes whilst the chocolate and butter are melting and then grate in the courgette.
- Add in the flour and the vanilla powder and gently fold all the ingredients together.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper and pour in the brownie mixture.
- Cook in an180 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and then cut into small squares.