Travelling long-haul for trips with children need not be a stressful experience. In fact, there are many perks to travelling with children for families. Jade Cobbs, Emirates Cabin Supervisor, shares her top tips on how families can make the most of these benefits:
Helping hand at the airport:
- Hop, skip and jump – When you’re flying with young children, Emirates allow you to skip the queues and go straight to the separate family check-in desks, to ensure your time spent in the airport is as hassle-free as possible.
- Priority boarding – Families with young children always board first, so you have more time to get your children settled on the plane.
- Unload and unwind – At Dubai International Airport, families who check in online can unload their bags at the Emirates dedicated baggage drop. You can do this between six and 24 hours in advance of your flight to make your family’s journey as smooth as possible.
- Take extra – When you fly Emirates with babies or infants, you can carry extra checked baggage, more hand luggage, and if there’s space available, one fully collapsible stroller, carry cot or car seat.
- Stroll through – If you’re flying from Dubai International Airport with an infant, use one of the Emirates complimentary baby strollers to help you travel through the airport (twin strollers available too).
Keeping kids comfortable on board:
- Additional space – If you’re travelling economy, bulkhead seats are reserved for passengers with infants, providing you with the extra space to ensure your journey is as comfortable as possible.
- Kitted out – When you fly with a baby or infant, you’ll find changing tables in the bathrooms and we’ll give you an infant kit filled with useful essentials, like nappies, bibs and wipes.
- Banish boredom – Run out of episodes on your tablet? Are the kids’ attention spans starting to wane? Look no further than Emirates ICE entertainment system, as kids can pop on their brightly coloured headphones and choose from a huge collection of the latest kids TV shows and popular cartoons that will feed their imagination for hours.
- Be rewarded – Every journey is even more of an adventure for young flyers with Skywards Skysurfers. Kids aged between two and 16 get extra benefits when they join the Emirates Skywards frequent flyer programme. Along with the ability to earn Miles on every flight, other rewards like free flights and free trips to Wild Wadi Water Park in Dubai can also be redeemed.
Emirates reveals the secret to keeping your kids entertained when travelling long-haul with the launch of the Child Boredom Quotient, helping parents work out exactly when their kids will get bored and what to do about it.
To find out more about the Emirates Child Boredom Quotient and how comedians and parenting influencers, Ellie Gibson and Helen Thorn, Scummy Mummies react to the research make sure you watch video above. For more information click here.