Today’s recipe is from Mindful Chef. Its a rich and spicy Mexican dish traditionally made with dark chocolate and tender pulled chicken. They used raw cacao, an unprocessed cocoa powder that hasn’t been roasted and therefore contains a higher level of beneficial antioxidant properties than regular cocoa powder.
Mindful Chef can deliver the following ingredients to your door
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 red chilli
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp Mindful Chef Mexican spice mix
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 20g peanuts
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 x 170g free-range chicken breast
- 300g sweet potato
- 4 tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
2. Dissolve half of the stock cube in 500ml boiling water. Pour the stock into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the chicken breasts, ensuring they are covered in stock. Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Then, with two forks shred the poached chicken into small pieces.
3. Meanwhile, leaving the skin on, cut the sweet potato into 1cm cubes, toss with 1 tsp oil and a pinch of sea salt and place on a baking tray in the oven for 20 mins.
4. Finely chop the chilli, dice the onion and roughly chop the tomatoes. Reserve 1/4 of the onion and tomato for salsa
5. Dissolve the remaining half stock cube in 100ml boiling water. In a medium-sized pan, heat 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and add 3/4 of the onion for 5 mins until softened. Stir in the chilli and Mexican spice mix and cook for 30 seconds. Then add the raw cacao, 100ml stock, cooked chicken and 3/4 of the tomatoes and simmer for 5-10 mins to thicken.
6. Meanwhile, peel, cut in half and de-stone the avocado. Mix the remaining onion and tomato with the juice from the lime and stuff each avocado half with this mix.
7. Place the sweet potato on two warm plates, alongside the pulled chicken mole and the salsa stuffed avocado. Sprinkle over the peanuts.
Our spice mix contains a blend of ground cumin, ground coriander, smoked paprika and dried oregano in equal amounts.