- How do you manage to juggle work and life balance as a mother of three?
I have a very big diary! Working mothers have so much to deal with at the moment that we need to be super organised. I’m not naturally very organised so it is a real effort and of course I still often forget a football kit or a school trip! However the kids always come first. I make sure I’m home for homework and I try to get to as many school events as possible. It’s hard to always be present with them but I try!
- What was your inspiration behind your toy shop Honeyjam Toys?
We missed the old world feeling that toy shops had when we were kids. Where everything was piled up and exciting looking. Somewhere kids can come with their grown ups and all get excited about the fun things they find. I love hearing grown ups getting excited about something they remember and showing it to the kids with them. The sound of giggling is the best in a workplace!
- What top tips would you give to any mum on starting her own business?
Think big but be prepared to grow organically. Don’t underestimate yourself or your idea and get more investment than you think you will need so you have a bit aside for unseen costs.
- What is your top beauty tips for busy modern mums?
Magnesium baths! I love having a bath in the evening with magnesium salts to relax and regenerate any magnesium used up during stressful days. I add Aromatherapy Associates oils which are amazing. They have one for every mood. A great Christmas gift from Honey! At the moment in also addicted to Body Shop home spa face masks. We only have time when the kids are asleep right?!
- What is your favourite hang out in London with your children?
I love the Princess Diana play ground in Kensington Gardens. It is a great mix of swinging, climbing, music, sand and pirates! My daughter loves the pirate ship. They have great ice cream in the summer and hot chocolate in the winter!
- How do you define quality ‘me-time’?
No phone, no kids and no lap top! Anything after that like a book or a cup of tea is a bonus.
- What does motherhood represent to you?
Motherhood to me means always being there for them. I am a mum and I love it.
8. With Christmas fast approaching, what has been your most memorable family Christmas for you?
I always love going home to Ireland and spending time with my family. All the Christmases are the same and they are always great! We always end the day with a massive game of Lions which is basically tag and sardines mixed together. All the grown ups that can run and all the kids. It’s great fun.
9. Given we are all about embracing Motherhood, what advice would you give a first time Mum?
Relax. Take your time and learn to meditate so you can take a moment to gather yourself after several hours of a teething baby! Also nap when your baby does…don’t do the washing or laundry, rest! It will make everything else a little easier.