with Truffle Butter and Pomme Purée
- 4 free range chicken breasts
- 1 Black truffle
- 500g butter
- 1 finely diced shallot
- 5 cloves of garlic crushed
- 4 tbsp chopped chives
- 100g black truffle paste / fresh chopped truffle
- 150g Flour
- 2 eggs
- 300g bread crumbs
- Allow the butter to soften. Sweat the garlic and shallots in a little oil for 3-4 minutes until soft. Allow to cool, then mix the truffle paste, garlic, shallots and chives into the soft butter. Add a pinch of sea salt to taste then put the mix into a piping bag.
- Make a small incision in the chicken breast with a knife to create a pocket in the breast. Insert the end of the bag as deep as you can into the breast and pipe in the truffle butter. Place the chicken in the fridge for a 2 hours to allow the meat to firm and the butter to set.
- To wrap the chicken in crumbs, roll the stuffed breasts in flour, followed by egg, then bread crumbs. Repeat the egg and bread crumb stage twice to get a thick coating.
- To cook, deep fry the chicken until golden brown then carefully transfer to an oven tray and cook for a further 20 minutes at 180°c.
- Serve with buttery mashed potatoes and fresh shavings of truffle.
Credit: Jozef Rogulski Executive Chef of The Game Bird at The Stafford London