- Please introduce yourself: Name, what do you do & how many children you have.
My name is Mariko Kuo and I am a Japanese fashion, motherhood and travel blogger based in London. I am also a lawyer working in the City with an 2 year old little girl.
- How do you manage to juggle work and life balance as a mother?
By going with the flow, but I also try and plan out what needs to be done as much as possible. For example, I make sure I can do my grocery shop around the office whilst on my lunch break.
- What top tips would you give to any working mum?
Try to establish boundaries with your work colleagues and make sure everyone is aware of your working hours and home commitments.
- What do you love most about London? Do you have a favourite spot with your children?
It is such a beautiful city full of exciting opportunities. We love walking to St James’s Park to say “Hello!” to the ducks and watch the Changing of the Guards.
- How do you define quality ‘me-time’?
Time for myself to do things just for me, like getting my nails done or having a home massage appointment.
- What is your favourite & least favourite thing about parenthood?
Favourite: everything about being a Mama to Ayame and being able to give her cuddles whenever I want, even if she doesn’t want any.
Least: not having had any uninterrupted lie-ins since her arrival.
- Tell us something people don’t know about you.
I love to paint.
- Given we are all about embracing Motherhood, what advice would you give a first time Mum?
Trust your gut instinct and always remind yourself that you’re doing great.
- . I’m a mum and……
- Finally, please let us know what you love most about Kensington Mums?
I love how Kensington Mum provides a great platform for mums to talk about motherhood. It is such a supporting and safe space for mums to share their ideas.