- Please introduce yourself: Name, what do you do & how many children you have.
My name is Laura Romanin and CEO and Co-Founder of WEKLEEN™ transforming the parking experience for luxury retail and residential real estate, offering state-of-the-art smart city integration technology that reduce carbon emissions, water wastage, air pollutants.
I am advocate of all things climate change action: responsible consumption in fashion, beauty and lifestyle.
In addition to leading my WEKLEEN™ business, I also work on projects in sustainability with luxury retailers such as Net-A-Porter and Selfridges as a digital producer.
Currently I have 1 toddler, Valentina.
- How do you manage to juggle work and life balance as a mother?
I prioritise, schedule and delegate.
- What top tips would you give to any working mum?
Honour yourself first. Always make time for yourself.
I am so passionate about progressive wellness, that whether it’s early morning, on my lunch hour, or evening I always set aside 1 hour for myself in a day. It brings me so much joy, re-balances my energy and keeps me focus. Currently, obsessed with cupping (both facial and body treatments).
- What do you love most about London?
Do you have a favourite spot with your children? My female friendships. I love going there with my friends for playdates at The Old English Garden in London’s Battersea Park.
5. How do you define quality ‘me-time’?
Showing up for yourself, defines ‘me-time’ in my world. We show up for our parents, siblings, friends and peers – so why are we not ‘showing up’ for that spin class we wanted to do for weeks? For finishing that favourite book? For sleeping when you are tired and listening to your body.
- What is your favourite & least favourite thing about parenthood?
Favourite part of being a parent is re-living my own playful side with my daughter.
- Tell us something people don’t know about you.
I speak three languages: Italian, French & German.
- I’m a mum and…… And it’s the most important and meaningful role in my life. It’s the purest love I will ever know.
- Finally, please let us know what you love most about Kensington Mums? I love most of Kensington Mums is the community and diversity of women on this platform. Especially their events, CloudTwelve event was so much fun!