Kensington Mums reviews
Kensington Mums surely missed being out and about. Last week, we had a wonderful lunch at Zuaya Kensington. It was a nice break for the Mamas during the day’s hustle (although we were accompanied by our little ones).
Zuaya is an vibrant, modern, exotic Latin American restaurant and bar with the wow factor for all the senses. Nestled just off Kensington High street, it is perfect for whether you’re looking to relax over an indulgent cocktail, or be taken on an exciting culinary journey of Latin America with a mouth-watering menu of fresh and inventive Latin American tapas coupled with fresh drinks.
Inspired by flavours from Peru, Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil, the dishes at Zuaya are made only with the best ingredients possible. Designed for sharing, guests at Zuaya can experience a variety of different colours, tastes, textures and temperatures when eating at Zuaya, creating a fine dining experience within the heart of the Zuaya jungle.
We sampled a number of their signature dishes including:
- Caipirinhas cocktails: a perfect start for the journey of flavours to come!
- Salted Padron Peppers,
- Guacamole and Sweet Potato chips: a guilt free winner among children and adults,
- Tuna & Avocado Tartar with Roasted Peanuts: fresh and simply tasty,
- Garlic Prawns with Lime and Chili: very juicy and full of flavor,
- Seabass Ceviche with Wild Berries: we loved this one too, but the Tuna & Avocado Tartar comes first,
- Marinated Lemon Chicken: quite tender and light,
- Wild Rice, Shitake Mushroom and Confit Duck: we fell in love with the combination especially the added broccoli and fried egg, just scrumptious!
- Parmesan and Tomato Meatballs: cooked to perfection (although not quite Latin American).
- Brazilian Cheese Bread Ball: another winner among children with sweet/savory taste fusion.
- Passion Fruit Crème Brule: perfect treat at the end,
The menu is quite diversified, and it is fair to say that they offer a variety that caters to different tastes/diets.
Our whole experience was amazing. The staff were very attuned to our needs and quite chilled given our curious and exploratory little companions.
The décor and ambiance are quite exotic with soft lighting and jungle theme feel. The restaurant’s chic and exotic interiors feature lush foliage, as well as three distinct ambiences to allow customers to enjoy a variety of experiences and find their perfect oasis.
The menu prices are quite reasonable though not cheap and the value for money along with the generous portions justify the treat.
Zuaya Kensington is a perfect place for a dinner date around the neighborhood, a family lunch/dinner, a ladies’ night out, or a quick cocktails’ and appetizers’ break.
The place is spotless and follows COVID-19 safety regulations including table service only, disposable menus, staff wearing PPE, sanitization, social distancing and other numerous measures.
Bookings are open now – including online bookings through Zuaya’s website, OpenTable and by phone with new safety measures include table service only, no customers at the bar, single-use menus, hand sanitiser, and only one staff member providing service in a single zone. Full House Hygiene Rules can be found here: https://zuaya.co.uk/
Zuaya is also this month once again extending the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme, offering guests a 50% discount, up to £10 per person, every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday until Wednesday 28th October 2020.
What’s more, each guest will also be treated to a free glass of Champagne or the new Zuaya signature Tequila & Fresh Passion Fruit Shot.
Don’t forget to grab your Kensington Mums VIP card to also save at Zuaya with the best deals and discounts.