DECODE: Parental Leave Rights, a baby-friendly, event that decodes complex leave rights for mums and dads alike.
Breakfast and refreshments will be provided free of charge to all ticket holders.
BYOB (Bring Your Own Baby – 12 months and younger) or come alone! 🙂
Please see our agenda below:
9:30am – Check, Networking and Breakfast
10:00am – Intro from Google for Startups and DE Startup Lab
10:05am – Talk by Winckworth Sherwood LLP
Our speakers for this event will be Louise and Ellie from law firm Winckworth Sherwood LLP. Whether you are a startup with employees or thinking about having a baby yourself, they will cover the key family friendly rights including rights to pay and on returning to work after family-related leave.
The talk will include a discussion on:
- Types of leave e.g. maternity leave, paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Entitlement to pay during leave
- Protection from discrimination
- Rights when returning to work
10:50am – Q&A
11:00am – Networking
11:30am – Wrap up
DE STARTUP LAB (ORGANISER)
DE Startup Lab is an online platform empowering busy, ambitious women to start their own business via online courses, workshops and access to a network of successful and like minded professionals.
We support professional women transitioning into motherhood, focussing on building confidence, clarity in redefining career goals and self care.
We offer guidance with getting organised, honing in on business ideas and assists with the initial stages of getting a business off the ground. Designed to allow for busy and unpredictable lifestyles, so that members work at their own pace wherever it is suitable for them.
WINCKWORTH SHERWOOD LLP (SPEAKERS)
Louise and Ellie have significant experience advising employers and employees on pregnancy, maternity and sex discrimination and handling claims, often resulting in favourable settlements. They are adept at handling complex and difficult issues; listening to their clients’ aims and desired outcomes; and helping clients to achieve their key goals. Their experience in advising both employers and employees gives them real insight into handling disputes to the advantage of their employee clients.
As well as advising employees, they also advise founders on the employment law aspects of setting up their own business and individuals in relation to their consultancy or freelance arrangements.
Their work regularly includes:
- Acting for employees who have been subject to redundancy or restructuring exercises whilst pregnant or on maternity leave or on their return;
- Advising women on less favourable treatment in relation to pay reviews and bonuses or where they have been passed up for promotion;
- Advising employees considering leaving their job to work for a competitor or set up competition regarding their duties and how to minimise their risks;
- Drafting and advising on contracts of employment, freelance/consultancy agreements and employer policies and procedures.
Louise and Ellie achieve the best possible outcomes for their clients by providing strategic and practical advice tailored to their clients’ needs.
GOOGLE CAMPUS (HOST)
Google for Startups Campuses are Google’s spaces for entrepreneurs to learn, connect and build companies that will change the world. Google for Startup Campuses are part of a global network with several branches around the world.
To register for this evening please click here.