Little Cooks Co is on a mission to teach kids to love cooking and eating healthy food and to create happy family memories along the way.
All recipes are designed by a registered nutritionist and based on the latest science and research, not outdated models of calorie counting. The recipes use whole natural ingredients, no refined carbohydrates (which are a key driver of obesity), and all ingredients in the box are organic.
Here’s one of Little Cooks Co delicious recipes to try at home.
Little Cooks Co Valentine’s Day breakfast pancakes!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Allergens: Egg, dairy (optional)
Skills: Cracking an egg, using a blender, flipping a pancake
Ingredients you’ll need:
200g strawberries (100g for the batter and 100g for decorating)
100ml milk (1/2 cup)
100g oats (1 cup)
1 egg (or 1 tbsp of chia seeds or flax seeds)
Greek yogurt to serve (or dairy free alternative)
Chopping board and knife
Non-stick frying pan
- Measure out 100g of strawberries
- Add them to your blender jug with the milk, oats, banana and egg
- Whizz until smooth
- Heat your frying pan on a medium heat – if it isn’t a non-stick pan then add a little coconut oil or butter to prevent sticking
- Pour 3 small circles of your batter into the frying pan as shown in the picture
- Flip after 3-4 minutes using a spatula – if they are still sticky and difficult to flip then let them cook for another minute
- When they are golden on each side pop your cooked pancakes on a plate to cool and repeat step 5 and 6 with the remaining mixture
- Now cut up the remaining strawberries into heart shapes (or any shape you like!) – you can use cutters or a blunt knife for this
- Plate up your pancakes and decorate them with your heart strawberries!
- Serve with Greek yogurt (or dairy free alternative). These pancakes can also be stored in the fridge for a couple of days – they make great fingerfood!
Did you know that when you cuddle someone you love, you release a hormone called oxytocin?! This hormone helps us feel happy, safe and can even help relieve pain! So cuddle the people you love as often as you can…it’s good for you!
Little Cooks Co is a monthly subscription-based recipe kit that’s posted through the letterbox, direct to kids, in a neat 100% recyclable box with compostable packaging. The box is packed with all the natural and healthy dry ingredients of that month’s delicious and nutritious recipe for kids to bake in the home.