The Fashion School are running high-end fashion pop-up workshops in April and May for 6-13 year olds in Notting Hill and Chelsea using quality Liberty fabrics. Learn to sew and be creative! 14/04 – Mother & Daughter 21/04, 28/04 & 31/05 – Kids’ Fashion Taster £59 each. Email them on email@example.com or call them on +44 (0) 7749 090847.
Want to learn about fashion? Want to make your own designs? Based in Chelsea, The Summer Fashion School London offer 11-18 year olds a fantastic 7 day high-end intensive residential/non-residential fashion programme designed to give you a real taste into what the fashion industry is all about. They have a vibrant team with a wealth of experience in fashion plus guest industry speakers.
Based in Kensington and Chelsea College in fully equipped studios with industry experts and tutors from design, manufacture and merchandising, you’ll learn how to:
- Assume the role of the designer and develop your own ideas into a design
- Complete a fashion brief based on the fun vintage-inspired brand Sister Jane (11-13) or the directional silhouettes of label House of Sunny (14-18)
- Create mood boards and learn why designers use them
- Build your fabric knowledge base
- Pattern cut, sew and construct your own garments
- Take your first steps into the fashion industry
Visit exciting exhibitions and talks:
- The V&A’s fashion collection and Frida Kahlo exhibition
- A fashion careers talk and advice on the best subjects to take at school
- Exclusively tour a high-end garment manufacturer, brand House of Sunny’s fashion studio (over 14’s only) and Central Saint Martins, a prestigious art and design university.
After the fun-packed week, you’ll take home:
- A sketchbook bursting with creativity
- Your own mood boards
- A capsule outfit made by yourself
About the Summer Fashion School London
With over 50 years combined experience, they know all about fashion and children! They inspire and promote enquiring young minds for the diversity of the fashion future and provide them with an insider’s view into the current fashion industry – it’s what they do best.
Caroline and Kerry, the schools’ directors and senior tutors, are both mothers and understand the importance of student safety – all of their teaching staff have current DBS certificates and keep a friendly eye on the students’ wellbeing. They are also first aid trained and experienced with various medical conditions and disabilities/children requiring special adjustments.
Just off King’s Road, Chelsea in the delightful Lightfoot Hall, with great views across London. If you decide to board with them, the hall is protected with an on-site 24 hour security team and is a friendly, relaxed environment with two large common rooms – so you’ll always be able to find somewhere for a chat or a quiet area to research and develop your designs. There’s also delicious home cooked food freshly prepared daily.
The Fashion School are running high-end fashion pop-up workshops in April and May for 6-13 year olds in Notting Hill and Chelsea using quality Liberty fabrics. Learn to sew and be creative! 14/04 – Mother & Daughter 21/04, 28/04 & 31/05 – Kids’ Fashion Taster £59 each.Email them on firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on +44 (0) 7749 090847.
Dates and fees for the 11 – 13 year old programme: Saturday 4th August – Friday 10th August 2018, 14 – 18 year old programme: Saturday 28th July – Friday 3rd August 2018. Options from £625. Call them today on 0207 523 5385