Take the stress and hassle out of healthy eating with this Devine recipe from Mindful Chef.
You can order the recipe box from Mindful Chef and all the fresh ingredients without any additives will be delivered to your door ready to cook. Perfect for busy mums who don’t have time to waste in the supermarket but still want to cook healthy, delicious meals from scratch.
And the best thing? This recipe is only 435 calories per person!
Serves 2 | Cooking time 15 mins
Ingredients for two:
2 x 150g flat iron steak
180g heritage cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
200g baby potatoes
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
Medium handful flat leaf parsley
Medium handful fresh minty
Olive oil (not provided in the recipe box)
1. Preheat oven to 220*C
2. Chop baby potatoes into small 1cm pieces. Heat frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a Madelyn heat and add the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes until lightly golden. Meanwhile, finely dice the garlic then add to the pan for the last minute. Spoon the potatoes onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until turning golden.
3. Thinly slice the onion. Place half the onion in a bowl with half the vinegar and 1 tbsp cold water. Mix and then leave to pickle.
4. Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a griddle pan or frying pan with 1/2 tbsp oil on a high heat and cook the steaks for 2-3 mins each side for medium-rate or 4-5 mins each side for well done. Add the remaining red onion to the pan and cook alongside the steaks until softened. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave to rest for a few minutes.
5. To make the salsa verde; finely chop the parsley, mint leaves and capers. Mix together in a small bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp cold water and the remaining vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Slice the tomatoes in half and thinly slice the steaks.
7. Divide the rocket between two plates then scatter over the tomatoes, garlic potatoes and pickled onions. Place the steak slices and cooked red onion on top and drizzle with the salsa verde.