Thinly spun chocolate pancakes, perfect for some Halloween fun and great for the whole family.
- 100g flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa/ cacao powder
- 1 free range egg
- 200ml milk
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Mix the flour, cocoa/ cacao powder, milk and egg into bowl
- Whisk until smooth
- Pour the pancake mix into a jug, or piping bag if you have one, so you can slowly draw spider webs in a hot pan
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan and the drizzle the pancake mix into thin spiderwebs
- Small bubbles will appear in the pancake mix, they now need turning and 1/2 minute to cook through on the other side (these don’t take long to cook as the batter is spread so thinly)
- Remove using a fish slice from the pan onto baking paper, or kitchen towel, then repeat until all the mix is used up
- Serve with a little icing sugar (optional) and raspberries
Recipe shared by Miriam Cooper from Mimi’s Bowl. We love it!