We love this recipe from BBC Good Food that we had to share with it you.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 300ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 slices thick-cut white bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 50g ricotta
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100g strawberries, some sliced, some halved
- 2 mint sprigs, leaves picked
- In a wide dish, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla together. Coat one side of the bread slices in the liquid, then carefully flip them over and leave them to soak for 1-2 mins.
- Melt 1 tbsp of the butter in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat and add two slices of bread. Cook for 5 mins or until golden, then turn to cook the other side for another 5 mins. Transfer to a plate and cook the other two slices in the rest of the butter.
- Halve the toast on the diagonal and spread each slice with the ricotta. Drizzle over the honey and a pinch of flaky sea salt, and arrange some sliced strawberries in a fan across the toast. Decorate the plate with the halved strawberries and mint.
Picture Credit: BBC Good Food