100g fresh cranberries
120g chestnut mushrooms
120g green beans
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp dried thyme
240g cannellini beans (drained)
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp – dried sage
2 tsp maple syrup
4 tbsp ground hazelnuts
60g pre-cooked chestnuts
- Preheat the oven to 220C/gas mark 7 and boil a kettle.
- Trim the green beans. Peel and cut the carrots into small 1cm pieces. Place in a saucepan, cover with boiling water. Boil for 10 mins until slightly softened. Add the green beans in the last 5 mins of cooking. Drain the vegetables and keep the green beans warm.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the parsnips into thin batons. Roughly chop the chestnuts. Thinly slice the mushrooms, crush the garlic and roughly chop the parsley. Heat a small frying pan with 1 tsp oil and cook the garlic and mushrooms for 5 mins.
4. Roughly mash the carrots. Drain and mash the cannellini beans and mix with the carrot, chestnuts, mushrooms, parsley, dried sage, half of the ground hazelnuts and season
- Form the mix into two loaf shapes (3cm thick), sprinkle with the remaining ground hazelnuts and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. At the same time, place the parsnips on a separate baking tray with 2 tsp oil and the dried thyme. Place both in the oven for 15 mins.
- To make a cranberry sauce; in a saucepan, place the maple syrup, cranberries and 150ml boiling water and simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve the chestnut roasts on two warm plates, spoon over the cranberry sauce. Serve alongside the green beans and parsnips.
504 calories • 72g carbs • 17g fat • 14g protein