1. Please introduce yourself: Name, what do you do & how many children you have.
Hi, I’m Zoe Blaskey, founder of Motherkind and I have two girls – Rose is 7 months and Jessie is 4.
- How do you manage to juggle work and life balance as a mother?
I don’t try to aim to for ‘balance’ which I think puts more pressure on us, I know what’s really important to me and us as a family – so I design my work life around those values. I’m also quite good at saying no and being boundaried with my time.
- What top tips would you give to any working mum?
Look after yourself first, when we get to the bottom of the pile – everyone suffers. Simple self care is free and you only need 5 minutes. My favourite tools are journaling out my feelings and simple breath meditation. There’s some brilliant episodes on this on my podcast The Motherkind Podcast.
- What do you love most about London? Do you have a favourite spot with your children?
I love the green spaces – Clapham Common is at the end of the our road which I feel grateful for every day. We love going to the Horniman and counting the skyscrapers from the hill at the top.
- How do you define quality ‘me-time’?
Anything I do that reconnects me back to me. My favourite ways to do this are a walk alone, meditation and journaling.
- What is your favourite & least favourite thing about parenthood?
My favourite thing is being silly with my girls and my least favourite is tidying away the toys – so I rarely do it!
- Tell us something people don’t know about you.
I’m sober – I haven’t had a drink for years now.
- Given we are all about embracing Motherhood, what advice would you give a first time Mum?
Learn how to tune in to what feels right for your family, so you can quiet the outside noise of other peoples expectations of you
- I’m a mum and……I love it.
- Finally, please let us know what you love most about Kensington Mums?
I love the interview series you do, I’m always so curious to learn about interesting women.
We would love to hear your motherhood story, get in touch to share this with us. We would love to hear from you.