DE Startup Lab and PLUSBaby Seminars present Mama Starts© a baby-friendly event empowering mothers professionally and personally.
About the event
DE Startup Lab and PLUSbaby Seminars. presents Mama Starts©, an event empowering mothers professionally and personally. We are bringing together speakers to create a baby-friendly event for mothers looking to venture into the startup world, or already working on their own business. Too many female founding startups fail, and our mission is to simplify, educate and provide tools for success, because their success story is ours!
During the lunch break there will be a chance to network. We will also have a Baby Brains workshop to talk about babies brain development! There will also be a chance to have a mini pampering session by Debbie qualified as an Aromatherapist who is specialised in Pre and Post- natal massage.
There will be goodie bags for each attendee with gifts worth over £300!
9:30am – 10:30am Tea & Coffee (Networking)
10:20am – 10:30am Intros and House Keeping
10:30am – 11:15am Winckworth Sherwood LLP
Louise and Ellie from law firm Winckworth Sherwood LLP will talk about common legal issues which affect parents on maternity or shared parental leave, including;
- Rights while on leave;
- Rights when returning to work; and
- Starting a business or going freelance while on leave and when this might cross the line into unlawful conduct.
11:15am – 12:00pm DE Startup Lab
Dahlia and Elena from DE Startup Lab Ltd will talk about:
- Defining a business idea or deciding to go freelance
- Essentials for starting a business or going freelance
12:00pm – 1:00pm – Lunch by Yhangry
– Baby and Mum Activity (optional) by BabyBrains
– Mini Massages by Nature Alley Wellness (optional)
1:00pm – 2:00pm The Mumologist
Dr Emma Svanberg, The Mumologist, will talk about:
- The transition to motherhood, emphasising on expectations versus the reality for professional women
- The identity crisis that may happen during this transition
- How relationship dynamics change when becoming a mother, and
- Touch on postnatal depression and anxiety – what to look out for and how to seek help
A full-service law firm with a diverse client base, Winckworth Sherwood prides itself on providing market-leading advice across a broad range of sectors and markets. Delivering a first class service is key to everything we do.
We provide specialist legal advice for start-up businesses, SMEs and individuals including: employment, corporate (company law, governance, finance and tax), data protection and regulation, conveyancing, family law and private client (inheritance tax, wills, trusts, disputes and property).
Dr Emma Svanberg (aka The Mumologist) is a clinical psychologist specialising in working with parents and parents to be. She is a writer and campaigns for increased awareness of and support for common mental health problems for parents. Emma is co-founder of Make Birth Better, an organisation dedicated to reducing the impact of birth trauma.
Date: Tuesday November 19, 2019
Address: Huckletree West
191 Wood Lane
Book your tickets here.