Every family with a child or children under the age of five is entitled to a health visiting service and a named health visitor. This is regardless of whether you access National Health Services (NHS) or Private Healthcare.
Health visitors are trained nurses or midwives who have completed additional training in public health, child health, health promotion, health education and community health. Independent Health Visitors of London work closely with other health professionals e.g. GP’s, midwives, speech therapists, school nurses and social workers, to ensure the health needs of your family and the whole community are met. They offer support from pregnancy and birth to primary school. Please read on today’s featured post focusing on the healthcare for your family needs.
You may meet your health visitor whilst you are pregnant or when your baby is 10 -14 days old, at the new birth visit. Your health visitor will ensure there is a smooth transition between midwifery and health visiting services and will be available to answer any queries you may have.
Why Independent Health Visitors of London Ltd (IHVOL)?
IHVOL is a new independent (private) service, which offers an alternative to your NHS health visitor. It is managed by Jackie Morrison, a health visitor with extensive knowledge and over 20 years’ experience in the NHS. At IHVOL we believe that family comes first and having a baby may be demanding for some new parents. You may be inexperienced as new parents and may need support around areas such as feeding, sleep, aspects of physical care, growth and development, managing wind/colic, parenting or your relationship.
Alternatively, you may be experienced parents who also need additional assistance with your growing family. Whatever your needs, we offer professional, up-to-date, child/family health advice and support, in the comfort of your home. You may have returned to work or be unable to attend health visiting appointments during the day! Our visits are available additionally in the evenings and weekends; as opposed to the standard NHS services of Monday – Friday and 09:00 – 17:00.
- Antenatal and postnatal packages: from 28 weeks of pregnancy to one year and beyond,
- Breastfeeding support: antenatal preparation and from birth,
- Emotional-wellbeing: at 6–8 weeks, 8-12 months or as needed to promote your physical and psychological well-being and support for postnatal depression,
- Sleep management: for babies over 6 months old and children who may be feeding or waking frequently at night,
- Developmental reviews: 8-12 months and 2–2.5 years,
- Home visits: lasting up to an hour on aspects of child health, development and parenting,
- Email support or telephone consultations: included in packages or unlimited monthly access and
- Bespoke packages are also available upon request.
We provide the support and advice you need for yourself, your baby and your family in the comfort of your own home.
At IHVOL we have full indemnity insurance provided by the Royal College of Nursing.
If you would like to book a consultation or home visit, give us a call today on 07904 640675!