Another great recipe from the Mindful Chef.
100g Brussels sprouts
120g chestnut mushrooms
1/2 vegetable stock cube
200g chantenay carrot
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp cornflour
2 x 180g free-range chicken supreme
60g pre-cooked chestnuts
Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
Medium handful of fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6. Place the chicken on a baking tray, season and drizzle over 2 tsp oil. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the parsnips into thin batons. Trim the baby carrots and cut lengthways into quarters. Place the parsnips and carrots to a baking tray, drizzle with 2 tsp oil and the thyme leaves. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Finely chop the garlic, thinly slice the mushrooms and roughly chop the parsley. Trim the sprouts, remove outer leaves and thinly slice, roughly chop the chestnuts.
- Boil a kettle and dissolve the 1/4 vegetable stock cube in 100ml boiling water. In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium-high heat with 1 tsp oil and sauté the sprouts and chestnuts for 5 mins until the sprouts are turning golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and fry the garlic and mushrooms for 3 mins. Add the stock, parsley and cornflour and simmer for 2 mins, until thickened.
- Place the chicken on two warm plates, spoon over the mushroom sauce and serve alongside the roasted parsnips, carrots and the sautéed sprouts and chestnuts.
512 calories • 38g carbs • 17g fat • 48g protein
Mindful Chef, a healthy recipe box delivery service, packed with lean and sustainably sourced ingredients. Founded by Myles and Giles, the pair create imaginative recipes whilst still guaranteeing 100% gluten-free, genuinely exceptional quality, dairy-free and locally sourced fresh produce.